Welcome to our community!
If you’re new to tinnitus or currently have tinnitus, and have some questions, we have some answers to frequently posed questions in [our FAQ linked here](https://www.reddit.com/r/tinnitus/wiki/faq). The FAQ is also linked in the sidebar.
Before posting, please take some time to read the FAQ and see if you can find the start to your answer there.
As always, we remind our community to be mindful of our [**participation guidelines**](https://www.reddit.com/r/tinnitus/wiki/guidlines), located in the sidebar (or [linked here for mobile users](https://www.reddit.com/r/tinnitus/wiki/guidlines)):
* *Be civil and respectful, and follow [Reddiquette](https://www.reddit.com/wiki/reddiquette)*. This is a support community, and harmful behaviour or harassment are not allowed.
* *No medical advice.* This includes explicitly asking for a medical diagnosis, or giving one. If you’re concerned about your hearing, please see a qualified medical professional as soon as possible. Sharing experiences is allowed, but making diagnoses and recommending medical action based on personal research is not.
* *No snake oil or pseudoscience.* News and other articles posted must come from trustworthy sources. Clickbait and blogspam are not allowed.
* *No memes or other low-effort posts.*
* *No commercial posts, for-profit posts or other self promotion.*
**If you see comments or posts deviating from these guidelines, report them so that the moderators can review.**
We are particularly restrictive about asking for or receiving medical advice or diagnoses. The bottom line is, tinnitus is a health problem, and it should be addressed with your doctor or auditory specialist. None of us are doctors here and no one should be directing or following medical action found on the internet.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information, and thanks for being a part of this community.
-The moderation team