Dr. Cliff Olson, Navy Veteran and Audiologist from Anthem Arizona, discusses how you can get listening to aids from the VA (Veterans Administration).
Web site: https://www.DrCliffAuD.com
Clinic Web site: https://www.AppliedHearingAZ.com
The method of getting listening to aids from the VA could be complicated. Particularly as a result of there are two separate departments, the VHA and VBA that do listening to assessments. Nevertheless, solely considered one of these departments can get you listening to aids.
Listed here are the 6 issues it’s essential learn about getting listening to aids from the VA:
1. Discover out if you’re Eligible for Listening to Aids – To be eligible, you have to NOT be Dishonorably Discharged, Will need to have been activated throughout your time within the Reserves or Nationwide Guard, or on Lively Obligation for twenty-four months. Your listening to loss doesn’t must be brought on by the army to get listening to aids from the VA. Notice: there are exceptions to those standards so I like to recommend making use of for Well being Advantages Regardless.
2. Apply for VA Well being Advantages – To use for well being advantages, it’s essential both Name Veterans Well being Administration (VHA)- 1-877-222-Vets (Monday – Friday 8am-8pm ET).
Go On-line – https://www.vets.gov/health-care/apply/.
Or, print out the Type 10-10 EZ https://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/1010EZ-fillable.pdf and Mail it to: Well being Eligibility Heart
2957 Clairmont Rd., Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30329, or take it into your closest VA facility.
Should you need assistance making use of discover a Veterans Service Officer to assist FREE of cost at (888)777-4443.
3. Make an appointment with audiology – You’ll be able to request an appointment through the software course of, or you may name or go to your native VA facility to schedule an appointment. Some amenities you may schedule on line via your MyHealth Portal.
4. Appointments for “Listening to Aids” and “Compensation” are various things – If you’d like listening to aids, it’s essential undergo the Veterans Well being Administration (VHA), in order for you compensation as a consequence of a listening to incapacity suffered whereas serving, it’s essential undergo the Veterans Advantages Administration (VBA). The contact # for the VBA is (800)827-1000.
5. All VA amenities are separate – You’ll be able to’t simply stroll into or name any VA clinic and get serviced. In case you are transferring to a distinct state, you have to contact your Enrollment Coordinator or Well being Advantages Advisor at your present VA facility to alter your most popular VA location. In case you are travelling or are a “snow chook”, you have to contact your Touring Vets Coordinator to be seen at a distinct VA location. Do that earlier than you journey. 30 days discover is advisable.
6. Do not anticipate to get your listening to aids on the identical day as your listening to take a look at – It takes time to order listening to aids. There are additionally many different Vets who’re scheduled for listening to support becoming so you have to wait your flip. Listening to support fittings normally happen 2 weeks to 4 weeks from the testing date. Simply be affected person!
Particular due to Dr. Emily Raway, audiologist from Minneapolis Minnesota VA, and Dr. Paige Tatge, audiologist from the Phoenix Arizona VA.